New Windows 10 App keeps crashing


My Deezer app on my Windows 10 Pro machine updated on Monday.
Since then, it works fine for a couple minutes until it freezes and crashes.

Is this happening to anyone else?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Sergio29 wrote:

My Deezer app on my Windows 10 Pro machine updated on Monday.
Since then, it works fine for a couple minutes until it freezes and crashes.

Is this happening to anyone else?



Hi Sergio 🙂 Just to be clear, are we talking about the Dektop beta App or the one from the Windows Store? What's the version you are using currently? And have you deleted the cache already?
Hi Anja.

I am using the app from the Windows store.
Deezer version: 3.4.7.0
Windows version: Windows 10 Pro version 1709

I have realised it crashes when using "My Flow". It seems to happen when it looks for a new song to play, it will freeze and then close itself. If I am listening to a chosen album or playlist, it works fine.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hm... thanks for this important observation. Have you already tried the good-ol' "delete and reinstall"? 🙂
Hi Shannon.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it but the issue still occurs. Not really a major issue, just an annoyance after a couple songs to have to restart Deezer.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hm... there should be an update soon, I hope it will fix your problem. Thanks for bearing with the annoyance in the meanwhile!
Windows 10 app from Windows Store, version 4.1.1 here.

Today the app crashed about 10 times. You guys are still working on a solution?
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
gustavo.almeida wrote:

Windows 10 app from Windows Store, version 4.1.1 here.

Today the app crashed about 10 times. You guys are still working on a solution?




Please reinstall the app 😉
Rafael. wrote:


gustavo.almeida wrote:

Windows 10 app from Windows Store, version 4.1.1 here.

Today the app crashed about 10 times. You guys are still working on a solution?


Please reinstall the app ;)



I already did. I'd not only repaired but reinstalled the app. Didn't work.

But today, I don't know how, the app looks stable on same version.

This is crazy, man. My friend is trying to convince me to change to Spotify, but I'll give it another try.

Thank You
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hi there @gustavo.almeida

Thanks for reporting it's stable. Keep us posted, we're always working on fixes in the background 😉
Hi.

I'm having the same issue as the sergio29, I've not used the flow, I only use the albums playlist, it will work for a few hours before It makes the sound of the track that I'm listening to at that point stutter and then the App will close itself. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the App without success. I never had this problem on an older windows 10 machine that I used to use but it occurs on the new one that was built around 3 weeks ago.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Hi @Koda Wolf sorry bout that. Have you installed the app on C drive?
@Flo.Deezer Yes, It's installed on the C:\ drive. I do have a second drive but mostly storage for games.

Reply