Sticky

Deezer BETA Desktop App - all feedback, bug reports, tip and ideas / suggestions here please!



Show first post

711 replies

Deezer 4.0.5 on MacOS 10.12.6

Media keys working now!

Thank you! ☺
Deezer 4.0.5.13 on MacOS 10.14.2
touch bar control music not working
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Finorion wrote:

Deezer 4.0.5.13 on MacOS 10.14.2
touch bar control music not working




Have you reinstalled the app?
Rafael. wrote:


Finorion wrote:

Deezer 4.0.5.13 on MacOS 10.14.2
touch bar control music not working

Have you reinstalled the app?



It worked. Thank you
jumponit wrote:

The deezer app opens and closes in a second, can't even open it anymore. Help me please? I already tried to uninstall and reinstall dozen times

http://g.recordit.co/NGAoq2cpEp.gif


For me (windows 8.1) on 4.0.5 version this is now fixed.
P.S. And media keys still working fine. So everything works. Nice!
Current app version doesn't work for me. After launch it just displays empty window. I used some earlier version without any issues.

I tried reinstalling it.
app version: 4.0.5
Windows 10 64b
Hi there! I have found out that it's not possible to choose a drive to use for downloaded tracks on desktop app, it saves tracks to the drive where app is located. Then I tried to move the app to another drive (different from where the windows is installed), but it caused app to stop working.
Please, fix a bug with the app location or add an option to choose a drive to save downloaded tracks. Thank you!
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Could it be that it is not possible to download the Desktop App anymore? When clicking the download button on the page (https://www.deezer.com/de/download?utm_source=web_link) I'm redirected to the Microsoft Store (https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/p/deezer-music/9nblggh6j7vv?rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab). I'm wondering that it seems not possible to download the real Desktop App... 😞
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
As far as I know, the new version of the beta desktop app replaces the old Windows 10 app in the MS store, that is why you are redirected. I don't know if the usual desktop app is also meant to be replaced with it, but the new one looks exactly as the beta version.

Furthermore there seem to be some problems with it at the moment, I don't know if these are already solved or will be solved over the Christmas holidays. See also the current reviews in the MS Store:

https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/p/deezer-music/9nblggh6j7vv?rtc=1&&activetab=pivot:reviewstab
Yeah, and in web version too.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
bluezzbastardzz wrote:

Furthermore there seem to be some problems with it at the moment, I don't know if these are already solved or will be solved over the Christmas holidays. See also the current reviews in the MS Store:

https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/p/deezer-music/9nblggh6j7vv?rtc=1&&activetab=pivot:reviewstab


This sounds really bad. That's why I don't want to loose the Desktop App which is working alone without having to install it from the store. There I have no problems at the moment.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Like I just mentioned in another thread, I could install the new MS Store version on two other computers with Windows 10, but had to confirm a popup message from the Windows Defender firewall during installation that Deezer is allowed to be used in private networks, or otherwise it would be blocked. I guess this is what goes wrong with other users, as they may have different and/or additional firewalls and antivirus software installed which simply block the new app without asking.
Userlevel 1
since two months the desktop app has been freezing/crushing a lot, especially when seeking to a non-downloaded track, the web application also freezes a lot in the same manner (the only difference is that it doesn't require re-loading the page while on desktop it requires me to re-open the app). It should be noted that I have a decent PC and tried to re-install the app but the problems persists.
Using the back/forward buttons at the top to navigate back to the previous page doesn't work, if the previous page is a search result page. In some way the app thinks it's navigating to pages in the history, because the scroll position jumps around to saved positions, and at some point the back arrow becomes greyed out when there's no more history. Regardless, the actual page view never changes from the current one. On macOS 10.14.1, app version 4.0.5.13.

EDIT: Okay, doesn't happen every time. Can't find a reliable repro 😞
So this happend when I opened the recently updated app.


So I clicked Allow acces.
But the problem is elsewhere. Whos stupid idea was the new design? Why are there that things with dropdown menus at the top? You're fooling nobody, this is not how anybody should package WEBSITE as an app!
Hey,


I have a big issue to report: sometimes (quite often actually) the desktop app freezes for no apparent reason (maybe when i launch a new song? not sure). The only thing i can do is click twice until Windows tells me "the app isn't responding, close".

The worst thing: most of the time it's actually still running in background, and it may eat more than 50% cpu usage (sometimes the cpu is pushed to 100% usage with two or more deezer tasks!!!)

The computer is:
Windows 10 x64 with Fall creators update (maybe that's the problem).
I5 4670k
Gtx 1060
8gb DDR3 ram
Msi z87-g45

Do someone knows what to do to fix that please?

Unrelated, maybe not an issue: when i open the app it's not resuming the song i was listening to when i closed it before. Is that normal?
I open the search box and select a tag (e.g. #drum_and_bass). I get a list of songs, but double clicking on any of them plays a different song that's not on the list at all. Happens with every tag, and every song on the list.

What's happening is that searching for "#drum_and_bass" gives me the list that's shown in the first screenshot, but the song that ends up playing is the song in the same position in the result list from the search "drum and bass" which produces different search results, shown in the second screenshot. In the screenshots, I tried playing the highlighted third item.

Clicking the artist or album link in the list always takes me to the correct page. :S

macOS 10.14.1, app version 4.0.5.13.


I dont know how to delete, I asked for my problem in german forums because I am german and understand it better there.
New bug:
When i launch the desktop app, i come to screen telling me to log in. I use my google account for deezer so select the log in through google option, which opens a new tab in my browser asking which google account to use. i select mine, press allow and are transferred to this screen:

However, there is no change in the app and i can only view the login page in exactly the same format as before:


it has worked fine until about two days ago, and I've made sure to have the latest app and latest version from the windows store, but am currently stuck using the browser version as a result of this, which works fine and i can easily log into and out of.

App version 4.0.5
Windows 10 64-bit

Thanks if anyone can help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Jonny180 wrote:

New bug:
When i launch the desktop app, i come to screen telling me to log in. I use my google account for deezer so select the log in through google option, which opens a new tab in my browser asking which google account to use. i select mine, press allow and are transferred to this screen:

However, there is no change in the app and i can only view the login page in exactly the same format as before:


it has worked fine until about two days ago, and I've made sure to have the latest app and latest version from the windows store, but am currently stuck using the browser version as a result of this, which works fine and i can easily log into and out of.

App version 4.0.5
Windows 10 64-bit

Thanks if anyone can help.




I unliked your google from your account. Please login using your email and password and link it again. Let me know if it helps!
Rafael. wrote:


Jonny180 wrote:

New bug:
When i launch the desktop app, i come to screen telling me to log in. I use my google account for deezer so select the log in through google option, which opens a new tab in my browser asking which google account to use. i select mine, press allow and are transferred to this screen:

However, there is no change in the app and i can only view the login page in exactly the same format as before:


it has worked fine until about two days ago, and I've made sure to have the latest app and latest version from the windows store, but am currently stuck using the browser version as a result of this, which works fine and i can easily log into and out of.

App version 4.0.5
Windows 10 64-bit

Thanks if anyone can help.


I unliked your google from your account. Please login using your email and password and link it again. Let me know if it helps!




Thanks, it's working now, but it would be good if it could still be made to work without this as others will still be having this problem and won't know to unlink their accounts.
Same problem, just on the TV app. I don't get the mail to reset the password on my associated Google account. What is the bloody password if I log in with the google account?
Moderator help here please!
This post is 3 months old already! 😞
Badge
(Windows desktop app 4.0.5)

Can you inplement a view or a filter option to the artist list to show only a selected music genre?
This could help to find music in the own artists section. And mybe can you shrink the artist icons or add the list view like in the android app?
And can you add some links into "My music (left panel)" to go to artists and highligts directly?
Desktop app hasn't worked for a while, latest version was 4.0.5 and it closes immediately after starting. Reinstalling, clearing cache and/or clearing registry doesn't work. Now I'm unable to download an executable from the download-site and it only redirects me to Microsoft Store which is not an option for me. Is there going to be any more downloadable clients to use?
Gets unresponsive after playing a little while. and crashes.

Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M

Video Card #2
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

RAM
16 GB

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 (build 17134), 64-bit

Reply