Question

Chromecast audio issues - streaming interrupted


Userlevel 3
Using Deezer with Chromecast is a pain. It's freezing, skipping songs, won't play etc...
I confirm that the issue is not Chromecast because it's working well with Google Music and Spotify.
I'm cancelling my subscription to switch to spotify because of this.
It's sad, because I really like your app better...

237 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @GERPUD , sorry to hear you have issues with Chromecast. What device are you using?
Userlevel 3
LG G6
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Thanks 🙂 I'm happy to pass it on to the developers but I haven't seen other cases recently. Can you also try with another device?
Userlevel 3
Also tried Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 2012, LG G5, Windows 10 on Microsoft NoteBook 2017 (both app and browser).
Same issues.
Happens for me too, while pressing the "next song" button it all freezes and I lose connection to the TV.
Chrome browser (63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) unknown (64-bit)), Ubuntu 17.10

I wish you could fix this because it's a deal-breaker for me and I realy like your service.
Userlevel 3
I understand! I switched to spotify because of this. Spotify is not perfect with Chromecast but way better. Music sometimes stop but restart at the same place a second or two later without skipping. No freezing with spotify. When connection is lost, it find it s way back when waiting a little.
Deezer has some work to do.

My guess is that it has something to do with the way they handle song buffering when internet lag a bit in casting mode but not sure at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi everyone, thanks a lot for your feedback. I will of course pass this on to the our developers but wasn't able to reproduce the issue with different devices. I will of course let you know, should I have any update!
Badge
Similar problems with Nokia 8 (oreo). chromecast is in LAN and android is in wifi. Some thoughts:
  • Especially problems if casting is started before playback
  • problems include: skipping shole song in playlist, playing only 30 seconds, chaging song just before end of the song.
  • These problems only appear when using chromecast, yet both android and chromecast are in same network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
dzeidzei wrote:

Similar problems with Nokia 8 (oreo). chromecast is in LAN and android is in wifi. Some thoughts:

  • problems include: skipping shole song in playlist, playing only 30 seconds, chaging song just before end of the song.



This is a known issue mentioned here and we're working on it 🙂

https://en.deezercommunity.com/troubleshooting-and-tips-4/only-30-seconds-of-playback-when-using-deezer-on-chromecast-471
I also have this issue with my Samsung A7 (2017) on wifi with my Chromecast. I'm on Android 7.0. I'm experiencing the following:

* Tracks skipping in the middle;
* Losing control over the playback even though the Chromecast icon indicates that I'm still connected;

My device seems to lose connection when the screen locks. Not always, but frequently enough.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
pauljacobson wrote:

I also have this issue with my Samsung A7 (2017) on wifi with my Chromecast. I'm on Android 7.0. I'm experiencing the following:

* Tracks skipping in the middle;
* Losing control over the playback even though the Chromecast icon indicates that I'm still connected

My device seems to lose connection when the screen locks. Not always, but frequently enough.



I just tested it with a Samsumg device and had no issues. Does this happen with all playlists or just certain one? Do the tracks skip randomly ?
I have a problem even connecting to my chromecast audio or my video chromecast with deezer. Im using a galacy s7, and just over a year and a half ago there was a chromecast icon in tge corner of the app when playing a song, now thats disappearred and i havent a clue how to connect.
Chromecast connection is lost all the time. Can't control music. App says it still is connected, but controls do not work, track playing is not same to track displayed in app.

This really sucks.
I recently switched to deezer, and subscribed for 2 years. Was on a play music and Spotify. Much better user experience.

Please improve.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
HaaF wrote:

Chromecast connection is lost all the time. Can't control music. App says it still is connected, but controls do not work, track playing is not same to track displayed in app.

This really sucks.
I recently switched to deezer, and subscribed for 2 years. Was on a play music and Spotify. Much better user experience.

Please improve.



Please make sure both devices are using the same wifi and that your follow this troubleshooting procedures 😉
HaaF wrote:

Chromecast connection is lost all the time. Can't control music. App says it still is connected, but controls do not work, track playing is not same to track displayed in app.

This really sucks.
I recently switched to deezer, and subscribed for 2 years. Was on a play music and Spotify. Much better user experience.

Please improve.



I have the exact same problem. The Deezer IOS app loses connection to the stream. The stream is still going, and the app says it is playing, but is unresponsive and not updated.
On the exact same gear, using Tidal IOS app has no problems at all.

I'm trying to move from Tidal, but the horrible Chromecast implementation looks to be a showstopper for me... 😞
As the title says, while I'm using Deezer on my phone to cast onto my Chromecast Audio, it will randomly skip or replay a songs. It does not act this way while playing just through the phone or computer. I can cast normally without problems to the same Chromecast with other music apps. Ideas?
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Thump911 wrote:

As the title says, while I'm using Deezer on my phone to cast onto my Chromecast Audio, it will randomly skip or replay a songs. It does not act this way while playing just through the phone or computer. I can cast normally without problems to the same Chromecast with other music apps. Ideas?


Please see this topic and the comments above. Have you reinstalled the app?
Same issues as the original poster with a Moto x4

I saw a forum post somewhere that made me think it was connection problems causing the restarting, skipping etc. The thought was that rather than play a Skippy song, the app chooses to skip or restart the song.

Really though, it's one of those issues that is hard to pin down from a technical standpoint. There are some initialization issues with starting the casting as well, but that's not as annoying as just having the constant skip fest. My guests hate it too

I'll probably cancel my subscription at the end of the month if this isn't fixed... Chromecast is how I get my home theater system to play my music. It's hard to bump when you've got your go-to app holding you back
I have the same issue with an iPhone 7 and Google Chromecast Audio. Deezer is sometimes still connected to the Chromecast, but the music can't be controlled anymore after few minutes of streaming and the playing track is not updated on the App display. In other cases the app isn't connected anymore, but the music is still playing. To control the music again, I have to force restart the App on the iPhone and then reconnect to the Chromecast with Deezer. Rarely the App manages to reconnect to Chromecast automatically when relauching the app after few minutes or after tapping on the chromecast connect icon on the top right. I have already restarted the iPhone, reinstalled Deezer, renew the connection of the Chromecast with the Wifi and reset my modem setup.

I wish for a fast resolution of this annoying bug!! On other music streaming services the Chromecast connection on my iPhone is working fine! If not resolved, I will have to change to one of those alternative streaming services ☹
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Yaha wrote:

I have the same issue with an iPhone 7 and Google Chromecast Audio. Deezer is sometimes still connected to the Chromecast, but the music can't be controlled anymore after few minutes of streaming and the playing track is not updated on the App display. In other cases the app isn't connected anymore, but the music is still playing. To control the music again, I have to force restart the App on the iPhone and then reconnect to the Chromecast with Deezer. Rarely the App manages to reconnect to Chromecast automatically when relauching the app after few minutes or after tapping on the chromecast connect icon on the top right. I have already restarted the iPhone, reinstalled Deezer, renew the connection of the Chromecast with the Wifi and reset my modem setup.

I wish for a fast resolution of this annoying bug!! On other music streaming services the Chromecast connection on my iPhone is working fine! If not resolved, I will have to change to one of those alternative streaming services ☹



Hi Yaha, as mentioned above, we are working on a better solution for Chromecast in general and I hope to have more details about it very soon. In the meantime please make sure to install the latest update of the Deezer app and the latest version of iOS. We had a similar issue on iOS in the past, which was fixed with one of the last updates 🙂
Have the same trouble since months..... iOS iPhone 6s and Chromecast Audio.
Already deinstalled the app, newes versions - still sux. Deezer Premium was my first choice but I will definitley cancel my subscription soon. They simply don‘t fix this issue since month!!
V 5.4.21.16

You almost fixed the connectivity issue 2 month ago in V 5.4.19.x, but with this last update you failed totaly. I HAD TO SWITH FROM ANDROID TO IPHONE. with other apps and Android I have no issues. Please fix the Android app.
I connect my music (iPhone 7) to chromecast. Everything works but when I want to change the music after 2-3 songs, the connection is lost. To re-connect is a struggle. I have to close deezer app, open again, choose a song and connect to chromecast. After that the connection is available again.

I deleted this app and install new. Nothing changed.

I tried the same with Spotify. They don't have this problem. What can I do?
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
@nemb sounds related to this thread here..
You should try clearing the app's cache (settings>>app settings>>smartCache) first and try again 🙂
This has nothing to do with caching. This is a bug of the Deezer app that has been there for too long. I have an iPhone X and the latest app version. The app Deezer keeps disconnecting from Chromecast after a few minutes and it is impossible to control anything anymore. Might well switch to Spotify very soon too...

Reply