Flow tab - Now available on Deezer

Flow tab -  Now available on Deezer
Show first post

45 replies

It would be great if the Discover Flow playlist could also be automatically added as a playlist every time it refreshes (replacing the last week's playlist). At the moment I can do this manually, but an automatic update would be nice!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Addy_Philly wrote:

It would be great if the Discover Flow playlist could also be automatically added as a playlist every time it refreshes (replacing the last week's playlist). At the moment I can do this manually, but an automatic update would be nice!



yeah, that would be nice. I noticed that I've been saving lots of them manually, I'm liking my selections a lot so far 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
MusicIsLife1122 wrote:


Anja wrote:

@Noam Asulin the Discovery tab updates on Tuesdays :)

Thx for checking this for me !
It might be a good idea to include this details within the help page :-)


For some reason my Discover tab didn't update .... Still the same as last week .
Any idea why ?
Userlevel 1
MusicIsLife1122 wrote:


For some reason my Discover tab didn't update .... Still the same as last week .
Any idea why ?


Same for me. Still the same discover tracklist. I assume there are some hickups in the rollout of the feature which slows down performance of distributing discover updates. I remember Spotify had issues back then with Discover Weekly when launching it. But of course, this is no excuse, Deezer! 😎
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
th80de wrote:


MusicIsLife1122 wrote:

For some reason my Discover tab didn't update .... Still the same as last week .
Any idea why ?

Same for me. Still the same discover tracklist. I assume there are some hickups in the rollout of the feature which slows down performance of distributing discover updates. I remember Spotify had issues back then with Discover Weekly when launching it. But of course, this is no excuse, Deezer! 😎


My freind got an updated discover playlist today , so it's Thursdays and not Tuesdays ...
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Anja wrote:


bluezzbastardzz wrote:

Hopefully the new stations will not repeat the same songs early like Flow does. 😉 But I like the idea, so there are some alternatives to the main Flow now.

Hi there 🙂 the tracks/ tabs will be updated daily. So you should hear a lot of new (to you) tracks.



Hi @Anja and all! I'm very much liking this new concept, you've put some good thinking to it and a nice implementation. However, commenting the point quoted above, I do feel that I am getting too familiar tracks in the playlist. For example, in my current Flow inspired by "Thom Yorke, Radiohead, ...":
  • if there's a track by The Verve, does it need to be Bittersweet Symphony?
  • if there's a track by The Chemical Brothers, does it need to be Asleep from Day?
  • if there's a track by Hooverphonic, does it need to be Mad About You?
  • if there's a track by Télépopmusik, does it need to be Breathe?
  • if there's a track by Tricky, does it need to be Overcome?
I mean, it's a great playlist, and those are marvellous tracks - but I'm hearing them quite frequently. I would appreciate a choice to adjust how familiar/unfamiliar tracks I will get. See More discoveries in Flow and custom novelty/discovery level...

Also, it would be nice to know more about which artists are the inspiration - is it just the two that I see mentioned in the web interface, or a broader selection? There's "..." as an indication that it could be a larger base of inspirations.

Another idea: if there's not a specific reason, why not enable creating these "inspired" playlists on demand - on top of the automatically created (sort of curated) daily selections. Even more: let the user decide the artists to inspire a new playlist...

Cheers!
Hello, i have a problem with new flow "improvement". My private playlist based on my favourite tracks and albums plays music genres that i'm not intrested in and not even played it ever on my account. I find it very annoying and think even about quitting subscription. I can understand it on flow named Discover or Inspiration but not on my private playlist. Before this update i pressed the X button (i don't want to listen this song) very rarely, but now playing flow means pressing that button many times and fight the waves of music i don't like to find something i can listen to! Please change this
Hi !

I am missing Hear this / Discovery tab on Andriod app , very much. Flow is very good and interesting, but I miss discovering new playlists and album suggestions.

I use your app for last 18 months, it was very good until latest update, when new Flow tab is introduced.

Mobile phone is 99% my use of Deezer, 1/4 for headphone listening and 3/4 for bluetooth stream to Hi-Fi amp in living room, as desktop computer is not in the same room / floor.

Can you keep old tab also ? Make 5 tabs in app ?

Best regards !
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@Renne Thanks a lot for that feedback and the suggestions. I understand that less "popular" tracks would make sense in the tabs. I will pass this and your other suggestions on to the team. Will let you know, should there be an update 🙂
Userlevel 1
Renne wrote:

I do feel that I am getting too familiar tracks in the playlist. For example, in my current Flow inspired by "Thom Yorke, Radiohead, ...":

  • if there's a track by The Verve, does it need to be Bittersweet Symphony?



It doesn't HAVE to be Bittersweet Symphony, since I got Lucky Man as a suggestion for The Verve 😉 :







I mean, it's a great playlist, and those are marvellous tracks - but I'm hearing them quite frequently. I would appreciate a choice to adjust how familiar/unfamiliar tracks I will get. See More discoveries in Flow and custom novelty/discovery level...



I totally agree with this.
I guess I have more "underground" tastes that what Deezer thinks, so I will never listen to the above playlist for instance. I could, but that's not the kind of music I'm looking for when trying new stuff.

Another idea: if there's not a specific reason, why not enable creating these "inspired" playlists on demand - on top of the automatically created (sort of curated) daily selections. Even more: let the user decide the artists to inspire a new playlist...



I also second that. +1
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Anja wrote:

@Noam Asulin the Discovery tab updates on Tuesdays :)


Just to make sure, you all have the correct info. the tab is being updated on Monday. Sometimes a delay can happen, which would mean you only see the updated list on Tuesday.

Sorry for the confusion 😉
Userlevel 2
Just have to give you guys a big big compliment! Those new flows are awesome! Every time I start one, I find myself adding those 40 songs to my playlists 🙂 Resubbed to Deezer because of this feature, definitely a deal-maker! Keep up the great work :))
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
CouchPotato wrote:

I find myself adding those 40 songs to my playlists 🙂



Same, I've been adding so much stuff from there 💕
I am afraid I am not happy about the loss of the Hear This function and in particular the notes which said if you like this album why don't you try .........

I will have to see whether I continue to pay £9.99 per month for a weakened (in my opinion) service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
mac100 wrote:

I am afraid I am not happy about the loss of the Hear This function and in particular the notes which said if you like this album why don't you try .........

I will have to see whether I continue to pay £9.99 per month for a weakened (in my opinion) service.



Hi there, Thanks a lot for your feedback. We've already passed this feedback on to the team as you're not the only one reporting this. As of now we don't have any news on this, but I hope to have an update in the near future! 🤞🏽
Hi,
I was listening to a Flow inspired by Polo & Pan. Somehow I refreshed the homepage and lost the FLOW. How can I find it back? Txs!
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Hi @arteden, our Flow tabs are updated weekly and I'm wondering if this tab has already "expired", therefore you are not able to find it again... 🙂
thank you @Rafael. Sad news.
Before I got 14 days premium trial (I assume from signing in from mobile) my 'Inspired by' flows were changing every day, now they are stuck at these for about 4 days.

Five Finger Death Punch, Three Days Grace, Stone Sour, Breaking Benjamin
Infected Rain, Jinjer, Butcher Babies, In This Moment
Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, Black Sabbath
Gojira, Daron Malakian and Scars On Broadway, Tenacious D

Could anyone elaborate how they work? Are they supposed to shuffle every day?
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Jacob.Constant wrote:

Before I got 14 days premium trial (I assume from signing in from mobile) my 'Inspired by' flows were changing every day, now they are stuck at these for about 4 days.

Five Finger Death Punch, Three Days Grace, Stone Sour, Breaking Benjamin
Infected Rain, Jinjer, Butcher Babies, In This Moment
Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, Black Sabbath
Gojira, Daron Malakian and Scars On Broadway, Tenacious D

Could anyone elaborate how they work? Are they supposed to shuffle every day?



The Flow tabs are updated weekly 🙂 Please see more about it above!

Reply