Solved

Disliked music keeps coming back


Deezer tells you that if you do not like the song, they will not play it again. But now i see music coming back. This is called false advertising and could come up with a law sute
icon

Best answer by Rafael. 25 January 2019, 12:59

Hi there, just to let you know that Android users can now block artists on Deezer! Please update your app to the 6.0.5.271 version!

To block an artist you need to open their page on Deezer and go to the 3 dots on the top.

View original

45 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @BlazingSmurf, please note that this is not false advertising. Our Flow is a feature in deezer which works like this. It is possible that there are different versions of a track, meaning if you dislike one version, it is still possible that another version of the track will be suggested.

You can of course send us some examples of tracks which you have definitely disliked but they are still appearing in your Flow and we're happy to pass it on to the the devs so that they can look into it 🙂
Userlevel 2
Okay, Anja, thanks for the answer.

I'm a newcomer and I'm still getting acquainted to things here. I have a very basic question related to BlazingSmurf's, and as it is something very basic imo it would be great to list that info on the faq.

How do I get specific artists or genres out of my start page? Please, I don't know how did some crap music came to my starting page but I don't wanna even look at it.

Will it get better while I use Deezer or can I do something now? I'm patient and I can wait, but please tell me someday I won't see Anitta or sertanejo on my starting page.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @mmmDrops, you can't just ban artists or genres from your profile. But as you've already guessed the Flow and Deezer itself will learn about your taste but it needs more data. Since you've only used it for a short time, there's still popular music in your country or something related to a track you might have listened to but is not 100% your taste. The more you listen to and the more albums and artists you like + the more playlists you create and tracks you add to your favourites the faster Deezer will learn and you will notice that the recommendations are more suitable ;)

Let me know if you still notice any non suitable recommendations in a couple of weeks and I'm happy to look into it again 🙂
Userlevel 2
Anja wrote:

Hi @mmmDrops, you can't just ban artists or genres from your profile. But as you've already guessed the Flow and Deezer itself will learn about your taste but it needs more data. Since you've only used it for a short time, there's still popular music in your country or something related to a track you might have listened to but is not 100% your taste. The more you listen to and the more albums and artists you like + the more playlists you create and tracks you add to your favourites the faster Deezer will learn and you will notice that the recommendations are more suitable ;)

Let me know if you still notice any non suitable recommendations in a couple of weeks and I'm happy to look into it again :)



Thank you, Anja. I'm looking forward to it.
I keep dislikeing songs but every time I use the app the same disliked songs get played every time I use the app not the first time I have run into this problem. I don't understand it says we won't play the song again but every time the app turns on the same disliked songs are being played.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @cnijak , please see above 😉
Yea i hate when that happens and also recommending songs that i dont ever want to hear
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Michael.Gallagher wrote:

Yea i hate when that happens and also recommending songs that i dont ever want to hear



Hi there, I've just checked you profile and saw that you've already disliked 2000 tracks. As of now this is limit of possible disliked tracks, meaning what you dislike now will not be considered as a dislike by Flow, but we're already working on that limit and I hope that very soon this will be changed. It should work much better afterwards 🙂
Anja wrote:


Michael.Gallagher wrote:

Yea i hate when that happens and also recommending songs that i dont ever want to hear

Hi there, I've just checked you profile and saw that you've already disliked 2000 tracks. As of now this is limit of possible disliked tracks, meaning what you dislike now will not be considered as a dislike by Flow, but we're already working on that limit and I hope that very soon this will be changed. It should work much better afterwards :)


Hi, I have the same problem and I guess the 2000 dislike limit is the answer for me as well. I really love the Flow function and as you mentioned, it is supposed to improve over time, yet I reached the saturation stage in the life cycle; so please work on this limit 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Umut wrote:

Anja wrote:


Michael.Gallagher wrote:

Yea i hate when that happens and also recommending songs that i dont ever want to hear

Hi there, I've just checked you profile and saw that you've already disliked 2000 tracks. As of now this is limit of possible disliked tracks, meaning what you dislike now will not be considered as a dislike by Flow, but we're already working on that limit and I hope that very soon this will be changed. It should work much better afterwards :)


Hi, I have the same problem and I guess the 2000 dislike limit is the answer for me as well. I really love the Flow function and as you mentioned, it is supposed to improve over time, yet I reached the saturation stage in the life cycle; so please work on this limit :)



We are working on it 🙂 Will hopefully change very soon !🤞🏽
Hey, I've been using Deezer and especially Flow for over a year now and I still get crap recommendations.

Mostly, disliking multiple songs of an artist will not remove his works from the selection.
I can't stand french rap but flow seems very dedicated to make me listen to it, in spite of countless dislikes.

I see quite a few posts about this on the forums, some are quite old and nothing changed. Is there some improvement scheduled on this matter ?
Just let me go on an artists profile and ban him manually or something.

Aslo, around 50% of the songs it plays are taken from my playlists, meh.

Finally why in the world can't I repeat a song or go back in the flow playlist ? Seriously why the limitation ?
It makes absolutely no sense !

Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Hi @Louis Galinou sorry about that. I was not able to find your account with the email address you are registered here in the community, but it could be that you have disliked already about 2000 songs, that is why the Flow is bringing back music you have already disliked.

We are working on a solution for this and hope it to be ready soon 😉
Seriously @Flo.Deezer ?

Same answer you guys gave that blazing smurf dude ten months ago then... And you marked it as solved what a good joke this is...
Is there a real fix scheduled ? What's soon to you ? Because Anja says "very soon" 10 months ago (it's right up there).

Can I access my disliked songs list somehow ? If it's maxed I could clean it up.
I also could have done that earlier if I knew about said limit...

What about going back in the flow playlist ?

What about not having songs I already have in my playlists when I use flow ?
I'd listen to said playlists if I wanted to hear songs I saved...

Did you even read the message before fusing it with a ten months old unsolved post ?

I'm on a family account and don't know my buddy's mail that's why I created this account.
The name of his account is Falang and my profile is Louis Galinou.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi there, I just checked and you have disliked less than 2000 tracks, so that can't be the issue. In general, since you like Rap and have a French account it's normal that the Flow sometimes also recommends French Rap, but the more you dislike, the sooner Flow will learn.

What we need to look into is the fact that artists are not being banned, though you disliked several of their tracks. Disliking 3 tracks from an artist should ban them from your Flow. Can you give me some examples? I'll check for you.
Userlevel 1
About a month ago a friend asked if I liked Twenty One Pilots. I played a song and quickly realised that no, I don't. Not even a little bit. Ever since then, Flow insists on playing Twenty One Pilots for me. I don't see how my listening history relates to them AT ALL, but that's beside the point. Every single time Flow chooses to play TOP for me, I X them out. I've done so way more than three times - more like three times per day for a month. From what I've heard, X'ing out on Flow is like the US habitual offender law; three strikes and you're out. Not the case with TOP, though.

How can I make it stop? I'm not kidding when I say I'm about to migrate to a different streaming service because of this (and a few other things).
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Hi @LenaM sorry to hear this, I understand your frustration. If you have disliked over 2000 songs it will not register the next ones, that might be the case actually. Otherwise it might just need some time and will then eventually adapt.
Userlevel 1
Hey @Flo.Deezer.
It's possible that I've reached the 2000 dislikes limit - how would I know? I'd say a month of daily dislikes should be suffice...
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
LenaM wrote:

Hey @Flo.Deezer.
It's possible that I've reached the 2000 dislikes limit - how would I know? I'd say a month of daily dislikes should be suffice...



Hi there, we have looked into this and it is not the limit, as that one has been increased recently, sorry for my misleading info. I have now forwarded your case to our developers to check if they can find a solution. Please bear with us, I will update you here.
Userlevel 3
Badge
I am having this issue as well. Just got a copy/paste reply from support by email, but don't regard anything in it as something that will fix this. Flow is broken in my opinion. The easiest way to fix it is to give users the option of disliking a band/artist, not making them click an X on one track three or more times and then foisting a different one by the same artist on them 10 minutes later. I hate everything by Green Day, for example and NEVER want to listen to anything by them, so give me that choice, please!
Badge
The more i dislike songs the more flow advices me to listen disliked songs. every day i got to skip a lot of songs going on a row. it is not funny when 20-30 disliked songs goes together one by one. every single day. sometime disliked songs goes twice-thrice in a row. fix it pls.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
simonali wrote:

I am having this issue as well. Just got a copy/paste reply from support by email, but don't regard anything in it as something that will fix this. Flow is broken in my opinion. The easiest way to fix it is to give users the option of disliking a band/artist, not making them click an X on one track three or more times and then foisting a different one by the same artist on them 10 minutes later. I hate everything by Green Day, for example and NEVER want to listen to anything by them, so give me that choice, please!



Hi there 🙂 We're actually working on something similar 🙂 No details yet, but we'll let you know once we have any news 🙂 But we've also forwarded the recent reports to the team and they are looking into it 🙂
Userlevel 3
Badge
Your Swedish competition lets users do this. When you click the x to dismiss the track you don't like you get an option of just that track itself or everything by that band. It just has to be easier to do this than make people click reject on the same song over and over with no effect. Franz Ferdinand comes on, I don't like them so I tell the app and it never plays them for me again. Simples!
Userlevel 3
Badge
Also, don't highlight this thread as solved when it obviously isn't anything of the sort!
Userlevel 3
Badge
I've just flicked through Flow for about 100 tracks or so on my PC and the same disliked tracks reappeared yet again. On the ones I've dimissed before the X button was blue and when I hovered the mouse pointer over the blue X it says "Allow in my recommendations"!! This means that we think we are clicking an X to dismiss a track, but we are actually telling the software that we want to hear it again!

https://image.ibb.co/fCi9Qf/fu.jpg

Get some decent programmers, please!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Hi @WidWing sorry about that. This should of course not happen. Can you give us a specific example of songs that you have dislike multiple times and keep coming back?

@simonali that is very strange. Can you please confirm on which app this is happening? Please send as a bigger screenshot so we know which app you are using.

Reply